Viveiro, a charming ville.
With a medieval old town that was declared historical-artistic, the villa of Viveiro, located on the estuary of the same name, offers visitors an important heritage and beaches, landscapes and environments like Souto da Retorta, the more oldest eucalilpt forest in Europe.
Its streets have excellent shopping and hostel offer, with a great atmosphere that is further increased in summer. Perfect for enjoying the excellent local cuisine, either in one of their famous tapas restaurants or sampling any of its countless bars.
The Cantabrian Sea, whose waters maintain an average temperature of 15 degrees gives the place an eminently moderate climate. A wet winters, very long temperate summer occur, characterized by a smooth temperature.
- Easter: Declared of National Tourist Interest, is considered one of the best in Galicia, for the richness of his old images.
- Rapa das Bestas: Also declared National Tourist Interest, is held the first Sunday of July in the mountains of Buyo, is a typical and ancient operation of cut horses manes and tails, as well as training horses in the wild that are raised in these mountains.
- Carnival: They are among the oldest in Galicia, for four days (Saturday to Tuesday), the people take to the streets to demonstrate his humor and friendliness to visitors, these parties have a climax on Tuesday with the parade floats, groups, etc. by all city streets.
- Festivities: He held the week of August 15, dedicated to co-patron of the city, San Roque, and Our Lady. Prominent among the acts to celebrate the International Folk Mostra, which is integrated into CIOFF, the Galician popular Craft Fair, the rise and pilgrimage on Mount San Roque in the wee hours of the morning on the 16th, the cabezuda’ day in souto das Nogueiras, cycling race, championship shooting, etc..
- Romeria do Naseiro (Romaxe do Bo Xantar): Declared of National Tourist Interest, is celebrated on the fourth Sunday in August in Naseiro place on the banks of the river Landro, in the parish of San Pedro; has days dedicated to Octopus, broth, and the typical sardines for four days where the people eat, sing and dance with no stop.
- Santiago Apóstol: On July 25 at the port of Celeiro these festivals are celebrated with a popular marine procession through the estuary of Viveiro.